The TLC network convenes Affinity Groups around shared teaching and learning interests and professional objectives. Harvard affiliates are welcome to join Affinity Groups at the links below to receive more information about meetings and events.
A forum for discussion around topics related to case development, distribution, marketing, sales, and teaching and learning via the case method. In the spirit of collaboration, the HILT Affinity Group for Case Studies aims to share best practices across the Schools in an effort to advance case teaching, improve operations, and ultimately expand global impact in this area.
- Rachel Gordon, Case Writer and Research Associate (HLS) For more information, request to join the mailing list.
Connects Harvard community members with an interest in the collection and analysis of data about student learning for the purpose of understanding and improving teaching and learning outcomes. We aim to learn about, share, and develop tools and practices for accessing and analyzing learning data. Topics of current interest include 1) investigation of currently available learning analytics tools such as the VPAL data products, 2) discussion of the design and implementation of effective measures of student learning, including course evaluations, and 3) the policies surrounding access to analytics data.
- B. Kevin Lau, Head of Instructional Technology Group and Library (GSD)
- Alexandra Sedlovskaya, Assistant Director, C. Roland Christensen Center for Teaching and Learning (HBS)
- Patrice Torcivia, Associate Director of Learning Design (HGSE) For more information and to get involved, join our Office 365 group.
A community of practice comprised of staff and faculty across Harvard interested in or working in the areas of learning design, learning assessment, and instructional innovation. A forum for people to support and share new approaches to learner-centered design and bridging technology with pedagogy. Through online channels and in-person gatherings, the HILT Affinity Group for Learning Design (LD) supports a network for informal consulting in learning design across Harvard.
- Vanessa Aller, Education Training Specialist (HMS)
- Karina Lin, Faculty Development Specialist (DCE)
- Neil Patch, Online Learning Manager (HKS) For more information, request to join the mailing list. Subscribers must sign up using their Harvard email address. Please contact Kris Markman with any questions.
Organizes events throughout the year to highlight newly renovated spaces around campus and explore how well-designed learning spaces promote student learning. Additionally, the HILT Affinity Group for Learning Spaces will work toward developing shared resources and networks to support effective local decision-making.
- Annie Rota, Director of Academic Technology for FAS (HUIT)
- Mallory Stark, Curriculum Services Specialist, Baker Library
- Ian Tosh, Senior Instructional Technologist (HKS) For more information, request to join the mailing list.
Affinity Group Meetings & Events
|W 7/8||Learning Design:Join us on Wednesday July 8 at 4pm for a Learning Design (virtual) Social Hour! In our recent feedback survey, many of you mentioned how you miss the informal networking and socializing that happens at our face-to-face Affinity Group events. Since we are all living the remote life for the forseeable future, we wanted to try to capture some of that in an online venue. So prepare your favorite snacks and beverages, line up your best Zoom backgrounds, and join us for some casual fun conversations with the learning design community!|