HILT hosts a number of large and small events throughout the year geared toward building connections among, and strengthening the resources of, the Harvard community.
Recurring events include:
- Held annually in the fall
- Held 2-3 times a year on a wide variety of topics.
- Held periodically throughout the academic year.
Special University-wide Programming
Periodically, HILT is involved in hosting events that impact teaching and learning across schools. Examples of past events include:
- Learning Spaces Week, where over 200 Harvard affiliates participated in demonstrations and open houses of 23 campus learning spaces around Harvard University in Cambridge, Allston, and the Longwood Medical Campus.
- Hackathon open to all Harvard students, providing mentoring and tools to develop learning and teaching tools.
- January Academy, a boot camp for doctoral students from across the university, co-sponsored with HarvardX, to develop technology-enabled teaching innovations for use in a classroom setting.