See our Facebook event for the 10/4 kick-off
Connect with us.
Join the HIVE newsletter.
HILT will be collaborating closely with students from HIVE to bring you weekly digest of everything you need to know across Harvard – events, funding, opportunities and more. This is your one-stop-shop for everything you need to know about education innovation across Harvard – and beyond.
Join our Student Education Innovation Slack channel.
Use our Slack channel to communicate with other students and alumni who are working on education innovation. Looking for help? Trying to join a team? This is a great place to get connected and troubleshoot real issues in real time. Here are some tips for using our Slack channel effectively.
This is a great way to find other student and alumni who are interested in education innovation. You need to be a student/alumni at Harvard to join! Having trouble joining? Connect with HILT on LinkedIn.
Harvard organizations that support student education innovation
All of these organizations offer resources and event to students interested in education innovation. Many of these organizations welcome students from all schools and all level. Read more to find out.
- Harvard Innovation Labs
- Social Innovation and Change Initiative , Harvard Kennedy School of Government
- Social Enterprise Initiative at Harvard Business School
- HIVE (Harvard GSE Innovation and Education), Harvard Graduate School of Education
- Center on Developing Child
- Saul Zaentz Early Childhood Initiative
Harvard organizations that offer funding for student education innovation
Listed chronologically –
- HILT Pilot Funds – 4 times per year, up to $500 for early stage ideas
- iLabs President’s Challenge – $75K for first prize, $25K for second prize, application goes live November 2018
- Zaentz Early Education Innovation Challenge – $40K in prizes; application in January 2019
- HIVE Pitch Competition – $10K in prizes, competition is in February 2019
- HBS New Venture Competition – Social Enterprise Track – $75K for first prize, $25K for second prize, application due in February 2019
Harvard Alumni resources for education innovation
- Scaling for Impact – professional education course